Why Put Your
For over 15 years, Agni Link has seamlessly integrated PDM, CAD, and PLM data with the most advanced ERP systems. from the beginning, the system has been designed with engineering designers in mind. As a result, Agni Link aims at processing data from CAD, PLM, and PDM files while synchronizing the same with the respective ERP systems. Using the given environment, data can be easily utilized and shared across the entire organization for BoMs (Bills of Materials), Engineering Change Data, Estimating, Work Orders, Jobs, Production Orders, and more.
The PLM-ERP integration provided by Agni Link helps in eliminating the need for redundant data entry while automatically resolving discrepancies found between PLM and ERP data. At the same time, it also helps in dramatically reducing costly errors resulting from scrap and/or rework on the shop floor . The Agni Link Integration Builder frees customers from “the tyranny of programmers” by delivering a full-fledged control over the integration, without the requirement of any programming assistance.
The Autopilot Mode for PLM-ERP Integration
The all-new Agni Link 7.0 is known to allow the designers to put the PLM-ERP system on the Autopilot mode. The all-new release is known to combine cutting-edge features –the most notable being the Autopilot Mode. The given mode is known to allow the users to ensure unattended operation. This enables the users to focus on other tasks while increasing overall productivity.
The Autopilot feature serves to be a game-changer in many aspects. The users should consider using the Autopilot mode for PLM-ERP integration due to the following reasons:
- Allowing unattended operations
- Saving time significantly
- Delivering even greater ease of use
- Ensuring improved productivity
- Free up more time for thinking
For enabling the Autopilot mode of the integration, all that the users are expected to do is to make use of a dedicated computer system while selecting the top-level document or the respective assemblies, and then, launching the Autopilot mode. It follows the automatic on-and-off capability on a continuous basis. Using the Autopilot mode for PLM-ERP integration, the users are enabled to work on other important tasks without having the need to wait for launching the next assembly. Moreover, they are also provided with the confidence that the data is being processed continuously using the given integration.
The Autopilot feature is a game-changer. It saves us so much time – and it’s easy to use. All we have to do, using a dedicated computer, is to select the top-level document or the assemblies, launch the Autopilot, and it’s off and running continuously. Meanwhile, we can work on other tasks without having to wait to launch the next assembly, and with the confidence of knowing that the data is being processed.
Additional Agni Link 7.0
In addition to the revolutionary Autopilot mode for PLM-ERP integration, there have been some additional upgrades made with respect to the release of Agni Link 7.0. Here are some:
- Improved comparison features for BoM
- Scripted language capability
- Improved integration dashboard
- Bi-directional Excel Connector
- CAD connector license for the respective supported applications for CAD, PLM, PDM –at no additional costs
- Support for cloud-based ERP, CAD, and PLM applications
- Support for the advanced NetSuite Advanced BoMs
- Addition of new ERP connectors –including, Epicor & JD Edwards
- Addition of new PLM connectors –including PTC Windchill & Teamcenter
- Single sign-in option for most ERP-based platforms
Benefits of PLM-ERP Integration
ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) integration tend to deliver significant benefits. Upon using these two applications together in an integrated manner, you can consider taking full advantage of the respective systems. As a business owner, here are some of the potential benefits you can expect out of the given integration:
- Cost Reduction: One of the major benefits of PLM-ERP integration is improved cost savings. Given the Autopilot mode, the systems are capable of automatically transferring data back & forth. As such, there are fewer opportunities for making errors. Rather than putting data separately into the respective systems individually, you are only required to input data just once. The data is capable of being transferred directly to the other systems while informing its analyses. This makes way for more accurate predictions and information.
- The combination of the given revolutionary systems helps in virtually eliminating the opportunity of any discrepancy that exists between them. When you have all business-centric data at a single place, it allows you to get a clear picture of the respective business operations. Moreover, it also helps you to identify specific areas wherein you could potentially minimize the overall costs.
- Improved Efficiency: PLM-ERP integration not only helps in reducing the overall costs, but it can also help in increasing the overall productivity and efficiency. This leads to increased revenues. Real-time data transfers due to the Autopilot mode of PLM-ERP integration implies that you remain informed of all that is happening. You can adjust the transfers as & when required. With improved information about the overall business operations, you can also look forward to readily identifying potential areas for improvement. Automatic updates and transfers for relevant data possible with PLM-ERP integration can take over the repetitive tasks. Employees are thus able to focus on important and productive tasks while putting the given skills to use and improving the overall productivity of the company.
- Improved Coordination and Communication Across Departments: Many people across different departments are mostly required to input data into the respective business systems – especially in large-scale enterprises. Integration of the vital business systems can help in keeping everyone on the same page. This is achieved by ensuring that the respective staff members tend to have access to the same data or information. With the help of PLM-ERP integration, the members can automatically get relevant information. By encouraging communication and information-sharing between departments, the given system integration is known to inspire effective collaboration between departments –leading to improved business operations.
Approaching PLM-ERP Integration
There are several ways to ensure the integration of the PLM & ERP systems. You can allow the systems to communicate directly –either back & forth or one-way between the given systems. You can also consider making use of some third-party program –responsible for taking data from one system and transferring the same to the other. The given solution is also known to work for the integration of other vital business-centric systems.
You can also consider sending data from both the systems to a totally separate application for the purpose of viewing individually. The method that you are going to choose for integration is going to depend on the respective needs & capabilities of the organization. Ensure effective PLM-ERP integration.
Elmo Solutions Inc.
797 boul. Leboourgneuf, Suite 300